Greater Muskegon Jaycees Snowfest 2017 returns to Western Avenue! Here’s the full schedule!
Friday February 3rd
Location is on Western Ave between 3rd and 4th Street unless otherwise noted.
Join us as we celebrate Frozen Friday in downtown Muskegon as part of Downtown Muskegon Now’s First Friday Series.
6:10pm Exciting Outdoor Viewing of Disney’s Frozen with Free Popcorn!
6:00pm – 8:00pm Family Friendly Activities including:
- *Pucks with Poulin – Can you make a goal against Muskegon County’s Sheriff?
- *SnowDerby – Can you win the race against the Boy Scouts?
- *Gimme S’more – Tasty campfire favorites to keep you warm and toasty!
- *Jump in the Snow – Bounce around the Frozen Castle!
- *DIY Snow – Let the Boys and Girls Club of the Lakeshore show you how it’s done!
Saturday February 4th
Location is on Western Ave between 3rd and 4th Street unless otherwise noted
- 8:30am SNO-X Snowmobile Races by Michigan Sports Promotions Registration (Mart Dock 560 Mart St. #1)
- 9:00am Cornhole and Snow Volleyball Registration Begins
- 10:00am Cornhole and Snow Volleyball Tournaments Begin
- 10:00am SNO-X Snowmobile Races by Michigan Sports Technical Check for Sled Class
- 11:00am – 2:00pm Battle of the Bowls: Soup + Chili Cook-off
- 11:00am SNO-X Snowmobile Races by Michigan Sports Promotions Begin
- 12:00pm Battle of the Bowls: Judging Competition – Battle of the Bowls
- 2:00pm Head over to Fricano’s on Muskegon Lake to Support our Friends at Muskegon’s Polar Plunge! (1050 W. Western Ave)
5:00pm Snowfest Pub Crawl – Enjoy Downtown Muskegon’s Nightlife and Warm Up with food and fun at: Hennessey’s, Boar’s Belly, Unruly Brewing, Third St. Grille, Racquets Downtown and Pigeon Hill! (Pick up your Pub Crawl card and fun Snowfest Swag at Racquets from 5-7pm!)
Snow Volleyball is back as part of the Greater Muskegon Jaycees 32nd Annual Snowfest. Teams of 4 will compete in the streets of W. Western Avenue between 3rd and 4th Street in snowy downtown Muskegon. Event is for ages 18 and up. Teams are co-ed and should have at least 1 female team member. Registration begins and 9:00am and team play kicks off at 10:00am. The cost to participate is $40 and trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to first and second place teams!
Snow Cornhole is back as part of the Greater Muskegon Jaycees 32nd Annual Snowfest. Teams of 2 will compete in the streets of W. Western Avenue between 3rd and 4th Street in snowy downtown Muskegon. Registration begins and 9:00am and team play kicks off at 10:00am. The cost to participate is $30 and trophies and cash prizes will be awarded to first and second place teams! Space is limited, so register early!
Battle of the Bowls
Join the Greater Muskegon Jaycees and local restaurants to taste the best chilis and soups in town! The Holiday Inn Ballroom is the place to be on Saturday, February 4! Bring the whole family for lunch! Samples are 4 oz. and tickets are $1 each or a bargain bundle of 20 samples for $10.
What better way to end Snowfest than a Downtown Pub Crawl! Pick up your Pub Crawl Cards at Raquets from 5:00pm-7:00pm and start your self-guided route to all the watering holes in Downtown Muskegon. Collect a punch from each bar and turn in completed cards to the bar at the end of your night for a chance to win a prize! Be sure to fill out your name and email address before you turn in your card. Snowfest Swag will be given away during pick-up at Raquets while supplies last.
- Hennessey’s Irish Pub
- The Boar’s Belly
- Unruly Brewing Company
- Third Street Grille
- Pigeon Hill Brewery
Head on over to their Facebook page for more info!
Greater Muskegon Jaycees Snow fest